How do you pronounce Cool Whip? While typing up this recipe, all i could thing of is the show, Family Guy, and Brian making fun of Stewie for how he says cool whip.
Whipped cream is so easy to make that it’s easy to forget and just buy the tub fro the store. However, like most things, nothing beats the homemade version. Same holds true for whipped cream. It’s incredible what difference the freshness makes between the stuff you buy in the store and what you can whip up at home.
Sure you could put it on top of berries. Or add to some to your hot cocoa. But my favorite way to enjoy it is simple by the spoonful right out of the container i made it in. lol.
Homemade Whipped Cream
- 1.5 cups Heavy Cream cold
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Place a medium-sized bowl (preferably metal) in the freezer for at least 10 minutes to chill.
- Once bowl has chilled, remove from freezer and add heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Using an electric mixer, beat ingredients on low speed, gradually increasing speed to high, and beat until stiff peaks form. Don't over-beat, but don't stop beating it until the cream has reached cool whip consistency.
- Keep unused whipped cream refrigerated in an air tight container.
- Note: Recommend using an electric mixer for this. IF you're using a KitchenAid or stand mixer, use the whisk attachment for best results.