I get it… Not everyone likes beets. If you’re one of those odd folks that don’t, well go ahead and skip over to the next recipe. If you are like us though, this is one recipe that you will want to give a try. This salad would be perfect to serve chilled on a hot afternoon or summer day.
My wife and I really loved this recipe. It is quick to make (if using pre-cooked beets) and I could get it all thrown together in minutes while she watched the baby. A quick-and-easy and healthy meal is a win-win in our house. The mint and citrus really help to balance the earthy flavor of beets. The goat cheese added some heartiness to the dish, and really helped to tie all of the flavors together.
Citrus Beet Salad
- 4 large Beets you can instead buy a container of pre-cooked beets to expedite the making of the salad
- 5 Tangerines or Clementines separated into sections
- 1 small Red Onion finely chopped. (optional)
- 1 bunch Mint chopped
- 1½ cup Goat cheese crumbled
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- (If you purchased pre-cooked beets, skip to the next step.)Add the beets to a large pot of boiling water. Simmer until tender, about 40 minutes. Let cool.
- Peel (if not pre-cooked) and cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Add the tangerine segments, onion, mint and olive oil.
- Gently mix together and serve.