We’re doing lots of cooking at home amid this Corona virus pandemic. We have ordered some pickup weekly to support local restuarants. But we spent a small fortune on groceries before the lockdown, so it’s actually quite nice to cook together and eat “healthy” meals that we put together ourselves. We hope that you too are enjoying some time cooking and eating with whomever is in your house.
Traci found this recipe while looking up ingredients we had in the house. It ended up a hit and we enjoy it for a couple of meals. We had been hitting the Italian flavors kind of frequently, so it was delightful to enjoy the Asian inspired flavors in this dish. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Chicken and Asparagus Stir-fry
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces (about 1-inch)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 2 scallions chopped
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame seeds optional
- In a small bowl or in a ziplock bag, combine soy sauce and honey. Add chicken, and stir to coat. Set in the refrigerator until ready.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add asparagus, and saute until cooked, about 5 minutes. Remove the asparagus with a slotted spoon, and set aside.
- Remove chicken from marinade, and add to skillet. Saute until nearly cooked through (with the insides still slightly pink), about 5 minutes. Then add garlic, scallions, and the reserved marinade to the pan. Saute for an additional 2 minutes until the chicken is cooked and the garlic is fragrant.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cooked asparagus and sesame oil until combined. Serve immediately with rice, garnished with toasted sesame seeds if desired.