A.K.A. – Upvote soup. This soup can be found all over the internet and is most commonly referred to as “Up Vote Soup”.
Aside from being a very photogenic, it is a really delicious soup.
Instant Pot Creamy Tortellini, Spinach and Chicken soup
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 14.5 oz cans petite diced tomatoes, with juices
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs or chicken breasts* (I used half thighs and half breasts)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 cups frozen cheese tortellini or you can use fresh
- 3 cups packed spinach you can also use kale if you prefer
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup half and half warmed
- Turn the Instant Pot on to the saute function, on the highest setting. Heat the oil in the bottom of the pot. Add in the diced onion and stir for a couple of minutes. Add in the garlic and stir until the onions are translucent, another couple of minutes.
- Add in the basil, tomato paste, chicken broth, tomatoes, chicken, salt and pepper. Give a quick stir. Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to “sealing.” Press the manual pressure cook button and set the timer to 15 minutes (high pressure). Once the timer beeps let out the pressure by gently moving the valve to “venting.”*If you use all chicken breasts you will only need to cook for 10 minutes instead of 15 minutes.
- Spoon the chicken out and place it on a cutting board. Cut the chicken into bite size pieces and then add it back into the pot. Stir in the tortellini, spinach, Parmesan cheese, and half and half. Turn the IP to saute to heat up the tortellini quickly. Once the tortellini is warmed through ladle the soup into bowls and serve.