Traci is an amazing baker. This year for Thanksgiving she made some pecan pie cupcakes to take to our friends’ house where we were celebrating, and they were awesome! They were perfect size morsels of pecan pie in the form of a cupcake. I’m salivating now just thinking about them. To top them, she made a delicious boozy maple bourbon buttercream frosting. Needless to say, they were a hit and did not last long.
Pecan Pie Cupcakes
- cooking spray
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners and coat liners with cooking spray.
- Combine brown sugar, pecans, and flour in a large bowl; make a well in the center.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer until foamy, 3 to 5 minutes. Fold in butter and vanilla. Pour into the center of the brown sugar mixture. Stir until batter is well mixed.
- Spoon batter into the muffin tin, filling each cup 2/3 of the way.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.