I love me some mashed potatoes. Those rich creamy carbs that just melt away on your tongue… You know what I’m talking about. Well I was excited when i came upon this variation of one of my favorite dishes.
The Autumn mash is a wonderful adaption of mashed potatoes. Using mostly parsnips, carrots, and cauliflower it doesn’t hold anything back in terms of flavor. It’s hard to describe, but I feel that with the addition of the parsnips that it really add depth to what would otherwise just be mashed veggies.
Instant Pot Autumn Mash
- 1 head roasted garlic
- 4 tablespoons ghee divided can subsitute Butter
- ½ onion coarsely chopped
- ¾ pound parsnips or about 5 small parsnips peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 pound carrots or about 2 large carrots peeled and coarsely chopped slightly smaller than parsnips
- 1½ pounds cauliflower florets or 1 small head of cauliflower coarsely chopped
- ½ cup bone broth or organic chicken broth
- kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Minced chives optional
- Start with roasting a head of garlic. “Roast” the garlic in an Instant Pot by following this recipe!
- Hit the “Sauté” button on your Instant Pot and add three tablespoons of ghee once the pot if hot.
- Toss in the onions and cook until softened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chopped parsnips, carrots, and cauliflower into the pot, and squeeze in the roasted garlic bulbs. Sprinkle salt, to taste.
- Pour the broth in, and give everything a good stir.
- Cancel the “Sauté” function.
- Lock on the lid of the Instant Pot with the valve in the sealed position and cook under high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Release the pressure manually.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and stir in the remaining tablespoon of ghee. Purée the mixture with an immersion blender or in a food processor until smooth.
- Top with fresh chives and serve!