We’re doing a lot of cooking at home during this COVID pandemic. Last night Traci whipped together this fantastic beef stroganoff. It was quick and easy to make. And it helped to use up lots of stuff we already had open, like a box of pasta, so that made it even better! It was definitely a delicious warm confort meal that really hit the spot.
Ground Beef Stroganoff
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 package 8 oz sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 lb lean ground beef at least 80%
- 1.5 cups beef broth
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 6 cups Egg noodles, cooked
- Chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley, if desired
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Cook mushrooms, onions and garlic in butter 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Remove from skillet to small bowl; set aside.
- Increase heat to medium-high. In same skillet, cook beef 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until no longer pink; drain. Stir in 1 cup of the beef broth, the Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; heat to boiling. Beat flour and remaining 1/2 cup beef broth with whisk until incorporated; stir into beef mixture. Add mushroom mixture; return to boiling, and stir constantly about 1 minute or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream.
- Serve with cooked noodles. Garnish with parsley.