Most people enjoy Rice Krispies treats. That crunch of cereal and held together by deliciously sweet marshmallows… It’s enough to make you momentarily feel like a kid again for a few seconds.
Speaking of kids, we made these homemade Lucky Charms Treats to coincide with our St. Patricks’ Day gender reveal. We were announcing the gender of our child on St. Patricks’s Day and thought that these would be a perfectly themed sweet treat. We also had A LOT of boxes of Lucky Charms since we separated all of the cereal marshmallows by boy/girl colors to use in filming our announcement video, so now we needed a plan to use them up. They were a hit with our friends.
They are fast and simple to make, “magically” deliciously, and will disappear faster then a leprechaun!
Lucky Charms Treats
- 3 cups Marshmallows if jumbo size, use heaping cups
- 4 cups Lucky Charms cereal
- 1/4 cup Butter, Salted
- Melt butter in a large pot on medium heat.
- Add in the marshmallows and and stir constantly until they are fully melted.Note: You may see a slight browning. If your marshmallows aren't fully melted as the sugar browns, remove them from the heat and keep stirring, as they should melt from the residual heat still in the pot.
- Add your Lucky Charms into the pot and stir well to combine.
- Pour entire mixture into a well greased casserole dish and let cool.
- Once it has set, cut into pieces and enjoy!