Here’s another great dinner side dish that Traci dug up during our Corona virus quarantine. It was super quick and easy to make. As you can imagine, anything with garlic and bacon is going to taste great, and this recipe is no exception!
Garlic and Bacon Green Beans
- 1 pound green beans fresh, rinsed, ends trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 4-6 strips bacon cooked, drained of fat, chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, add green beans (water should be just above the beans), and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook on medium-low heat for 5 minutes, drain the beans.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet on medium heat. Add minced garlic and cook it, constantly stirring, for about 30 seconds. Add chopped cooked bacon (drained of fat) and green beans.
- Saute on medium heat for about 1 minute to combine all ingredients. Remove from heat. Taste and add more salt, if needed.