This is a great soup. Especially when you can find the tubs of pre-cut squash at Costco.
Instant Pot Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 2 tsp. diced garlic
- 1 tsp. fresh ground ginger
- 2 lb. butternut squash peeled and cubed 1 medium squash
- 1 medium apple peeled cored and chopped
- 1 tsp. sage
- 1/8 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 3 c. chicken stock
- 3 oz. goat cheese or cream cheese
- 1/3 c. Parmesan cheese
- Salted Pepitas for garnish
- Turn your Instant Pot on to the Saute function. Add the olive oil, onions and bell pepper. Saute on high for 4 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute. Add the cubed squash, apple, sage, chili powder, sea salt and chicken stock.
- Place the lid on your Instant Pot and move the knob to seal. Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes and do a quick release of the pressure.
- Using an immersion blender in the Instant Pot, puree the mixture. Add the goat cheese and Parmesan and continue pureeing until very smooth.
- Serve garnished with Pepitas.