How can anyone hate broccoli? I think it’s really tasty and that fact that it is such healthy vegetable makes it even better. The easiest way to bring out the full flavor of broccoli is to simply roast it in the oven. Tossed with some oil and seasoning and baked, you’ll have a hearty delicious side dish in 20 minutes.
Substituting garlic oil for the oil and garlic, is a great way to cut out the actual garlic but keep that flavor. It’s a great way to make this fairly FODMAP safe.
Garlic Roasted Broccoli
- 12 ounces Broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 3 teaspoons Garlic powder
- Kosher salt (2 teaspoons) to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Place your broccoli in a gallon size ziptop bag
- In a small bowl, combine oil, powder, and salt (pepper if using)
- Pour liquid mixture over the top of the broccoli
- Shake until broccoli is fully covered
- Pour broccoli out on to a greased cookie sheet, covered in aluminum foil
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle with additional salt, parmesan cheese if desired.
- Serve immediately