This is our favorite hearty chili, that is also healthy and vegetarian friendly. I can’t believe that we haven’t posted it to the site until today.
Black Bean Sweet Potato Chili
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Sweet potato, medium-large peeled and diced
- 1 Red Onion, large dices
- 2 tbsp Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground Chipotle powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3.5 cups Vegetable stock
- 1 can Black beans,15 ounce rinsed
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes, 14.5 ounce
- 1/2 cup Quinoa, dry
- 4 tsp Lime juice
- Suggested garnish include: avocado, cilantro, crema, cheese
- Heat a large heavy bottom pot with 1 tbsp oil over medium heat.
- Add the sweet potato and onion and cook for about 5 minutes, until the onion is softened.
- Add the garlic, chili powder, chipotle, cumin, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Cover the pot and reduce the heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Cook for 30-40 minutes until the quinoa is fully cooked and the sweet potatoes are soft and the entire mixture is slightly thick like a chili.
- Add the lime juice and remove the pot from the heat. Season with salt as needed.
- Garnish with avocado, cilantro, crema, or cheese before serving.