This recipe was another great find from the FreshBox meal service. We enjoy it so much that we decided to hang on to it.
Roast Chicken Over Curry Quinoa Salad
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Quinoa
- 1 bunch Kale
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 1 Persimmon
- 1 bunch Dill
- 1/4 tsp Curry Powder
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Rinse your produce well under cold water. Remove the rib from the kale leaves and discard. Tear the leaves into large pieces. Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the kale leaves for 2-3 minutes. Drain well and set aside.
- In a separate pot, combine the quinoa with 1 cup of water, curry, and salt. Cover the pot, bring it to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes or until the quinoa is cooked. Fluff with a fork and set aside. Set oven to a broil at 500 degrees of highest temp.
- Trim the top off the persimmon and dice it into bit size pieces. Toss with 1 tsp of oil and spread on a lined tray. Broil for 10 minutes or until just soft. Cut the cucumber into bite size pieces. Finely chop 1 tbsp of dill
- Toss together the quinoa, kale, persimmons, cucumbers, and dill in a bowl. Taste to check seasoning, add salt and pepper if needed, if it’s dry add some oil.
- Season your chicken with salt and pepper. Broil the chicken for 4 minutes on each side. Serve hot with the curried quinoa salad and enjoy!