Asparagus Gruyere Tart
We love asparagus! It doesn’t really matter how it’s made, we’re going to eat it. Even our little one loves to eat them as fast as we’ll give them to her. So when I came across this recipe I knew that I was going to make it for us. And… I’m so happy I did. We ate it as a late brunch-ish snack one weekend and it hit the spot.
Aparagus Gruyere Tart
- oven or toaster oven
- baking sheet
- 1 lb. Asparagus, fresh thinner spears are better
- 1 sheet Puff pastry prerolled gives you the perfect size.
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- ¾ cup Gruyere cheese shredded
- 1 tsp Ground Pepper, fresh
- Blanch asparagus (just till it turns bright green) and chill in ice water.
- Unroll thawed puff pastry sheet on baking sheet.
- Brush with mustard, leave a 1″ border.
- Lay asparagus spears on pastry, alternate ends so each cut will get tips as well as the stem.
- Sprinkle with cheese & pepper.
- Beat 1 egg with 1 Tbsp of milk, brush border with the egg wash.
- Bake at 450 for about 15 – 20 minutes, till puffed & pastry is browned.
- Cut down the middle through the asparagus spears, then across to make eight pieces