Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts
These are fucking delicious! They are one of Traci’s favorite, and when ever I make them she reminds me about 20 times an hour about how much she likes them. They’re so good, that we have to make them with the large 2 pound Costco bag of them if we want to have any leftovers for lunch or dinner the next day. Sometimes, instead of having them as a side dish, we just make them to have as out main course.
The way the flavor of the maple melds with the bacon and caramelizes the brussel sprouts, mmmmm… Sorry, let me wipe this drool off my face. Give them a try, you won’t be disappointed!
Maple Bacon Brussel Sprouts
- 2 pound Brussels sprouts trimmed
- 1/2 cup Avocado oil or oil of choice
- 6 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 8 slices bacon cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prep brussel sprouts by trimming the bottom off. Depending on their size, cut them in to halves or quarters, and toss into a large bowl
- Drizzle with the oil and maple syrup; stirring to coat them all
- Place Brussels sprouts in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with bacon; season with salt and black pepper.(Pro tip: Grab the bag of bacon crumbles from Costco to make your life easy!)
- Roast in the preheated oven until bacon is crispy and Brussels sprouts are caramelized, 45 minutes, stirring halfway through.