Homemade Blueberry Syrup
We bought a big bag of the Paleo pancake mix at Costco. If you shop there, then you have seen it or might already have a bag of it. We’ve been trying to work thru what kinda feels like an endless bag of mix, and are actually almost half way thru it.
But to help wash it down, and more importantly to use up the bag of frozen blueberries, we have been mixing up this syrup. It’s a great tasting syrup. If you’re watching your carbs… Skip this one. lol.
- 2 cups blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup sugar or honey
- 1 cup water + 2 Tablespoons, divided
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch or tapioca starch for grain-free
- Combine 2 Tablespoons water and cornstarch in a small dish and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, bring water, sugar or honey, and blueberries to a boil. Stir occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes. Add water+starch mixture and blend well. The sauce will thicken, the blueberries will have busted open and it begins to smell like pie.
- Store in refrigerator up to two weeks. Take out a few minutes before serving at room temperature or warm.