Brown Butter Cucumbers
I have to be honest and say that i was unsure how this would turn out the first time that i made this. That said, it has been added to the site, because it’s just that good.
The brown butter cucumber actually end up being more like a warm relish that you can add on top of whichever protein you’re cooking. The cucumber soaks up all that flavor from the browned butter, making every bite savory. It’s a great low carb way to have a delicious meal. We’ve made this to go with chicken and with fish like mahi or swordfish.
Brown Butter Cucumber
- 2 tbsp Butter, Unsalted
- 2 Cumcumber kirby type
- 2 clove Garlic
- 2 tbsp Cilantro, Fresh chopped
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- In a skillet over medium-high, melt the butter, cooking it until the foam subsides and it turns deep gold
- Add cucumbers and a pinch of salt. Cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until cucumbers soften, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro and lemon juice. Cook for 20 seconds.
- Season with pepper and more salt and lemon, if desired. Serve atop grilled chicken or fish.